Installing the Pocket Bookmarklet in Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer may prevent the Pocket Bookmarklet from being installed dragged to the Favorites Bar. If this happens, no problem, it can be installed another way. Just follow these steps to start saving to Pocket from Internet Explorer.
- In preparation, make sure your Favorites Bar is visible. You can find instructions here: Show or Hide the Favorites Bar in Internet Explorer
- Go to Pocket's How to Save page
- Right-click the red "+ Pocket" button
- Select "Add to favorites"
- Choose the "Favorites Bar" for the save location, so it will be available for easy access.
- Click Add
Using the Pocket Bookmarklet in Internet Explorer
When you are viewing a page that you'd like to save to Pocket, simply click the '+ Pocket' bookmarklet in your Favorites Toolbar to save it to your account. Articles, blog posts, videos, images and virtually any site web page can be added to Pocket this way.
When a page is saved, you will see a notification that the page has been saved with two buttons. The "Add Tags" button that allows you to attach tags to the page you had just saved, and the View List button will take you to the Pocket Web App.