Sharing in Pocket for Mac
Pocket for Mac provides multiple ways to share your saved items. You can share items via Send to Friend, as well as to several social networks and services.
To share an item from Pocket, click the Share button:
Sharing with Send to Friend
Send to Friend makes it easy to share items with others without leaving the Pocket. When you share using Send to Friend, the recipient will receive an email with a link to the item. If they also use Pocket, they’ll see a notification and have the option to save the item directly to their List.
Visit our Send to Friend FAQ to learn more
To share using Send to Friend
- Locate the item you wish to share and click the Share button
- Select Send to Friend
- Enter an email address for each recipient. Pocket will auto-complete the email address of anyone to whom you have previously shared through the website
- Add an optional comment
- Click Send
When receiving a shared item
When you receive shared items in Pocket, they arrive in your Pocket Inbox, which shows all of the items that have been shared with you. It can be found at the top of your list. For each item that is shared, you will have the option to either add the item to your list or ignore it.
You will also receive an email containing a link to the shared article. You can disable Send to Friend email notifications in your Notification Settings.
Sharing to Other Services
You can use the Share function in Pocket on your Mac to share an item.
- Open the item you wish to share and click the Share button
- Select your desired service. You may be asked to log in
- (Optional) Edit the message that appears
- Click the Share button
To share to other services that have not been integrated with Pocket, you can copy the original link by selecting Copy Link from the Share menu.