Searching your List in Pocket for Mac
Pocket’s search function can help you find items in your List or Archive. Here’s how Search works.
The Search bar is located below the List column.
Searching in Pocket
Searching Titles and URLs
When searching in Pocket, you can find items in your list by Title and URL. To use Search in Pocket for Mac:
- Open Pocket for Mac
- Locate the search bar, which can be found below your List (at the bottom left corner)
- Type your search and press Enter
Searching your List by Tag
When you want to focus your attention to only items that have a certain Tag, you can use the Tag Filter. Here’s how:
- Click the Tag button located on the bottom, left side of the Pocket for Mac toolbar
- Select the Tag you wish to view, and your List will update to only show items with this Tag
- Enter a search in your search bar to find items within this filtered list.
In the Tag Filter, you can select All Untagged Items to view items that haven’t yet been tagged, and search within this list.
Full-Text Search with Pocket Premium
Pocket Premium offers access to powerful Search. Using Full-Text Search, you can:
- Search by keyword, tag, topic, and author in addition to title and URL
- Search across your List and Archive at the same time
- Save recent searches Learn more about Full-Text Search in Pocket Premium
Why can’t I find what I’m looking for?
Search results for free accounts are limited to article Titles and URLs. If you prefer to have more comprehensive search, please consider upgrading to Pocket Premium.