Saving to Pocket from Google Chrome for iOS
With a small amount of effort, you can save directly to Pocket using a bookmarklet in Chrome for iOS. Here's how:
Installing the Bookmarklet
- Open Pocket, tap the Pocket menu, and tap Help.
- Tap How to Save.
- Find the "From Mobile Safari" section, and tap Install. (Note: Tapping Install opens Safari and copies a code snippet to your clipboard. This will be utilized in step 8.)
- Ignore the Safari bookmarklet install process. Instead, open Chrome, and go to any website (such as http://google.com).
- Tap the Menu button at the top, and tap the star button to create a bookmark.
- Change the title of the bookmark to "Save to Pocket".
- Make sure that "Mobile bookmarks" is the destination folder.
- Delete the URL, tap in the empty space, and tap the Paste popup so the code that was copied in step 3 is inserted.
- Tap Save.
Using the Bookmarklet
- Go to a page that you'd like to save to Pocket
- Tap in the search/URL box at the top, and type in "Save to Pocket".
- Look for the search result accompanied by a star (indicating that it is your bookmarklet), and tap it.
Note: The bookmarklet will only work if selected from a search (in step 2 above). It is not possible to tap the "Save to Pocket" bookmarklet from your bookmarks menu.