Changing Your Language in Pocket
This article explains how to change the display language of Pocket. We currently support 15 languages in Pocket, including English, Spanish (Spain and Latin America), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Korean, Dutch, Polish, Russian, and Portuguese (Brazil and Portugal).
While our Help Center is primarily in English, we have translated Frequently Asked Questions in each language. To review them, please click here.
Change display language in your browser
Your browser may detect the language to be used for Pocket's website. If you'd like to change it, there are two ways you can change the website language in your browser:
1. If you're on a webpage that displays the footer seen below, click the drop down menu at the bottom of the website to change your app language:
2. Additionally, if you're on a page without a footer or have a large List and don't see the footer, you can also find the language of your choice in our directory here.
Change display language on Android
Your device’s language settings determine what language Pocket will use. You can visit the Android Settings app to change your device’s language.
- Open the Settings app on your Android Phone
- Tap Language and Input
- Tap Language
- Tap your desired language. Your phone will change languages immediately.
Change display language on iOS
Your device’s language settings determine what language Pocket will use. You can visit the iOS Settings app to change your device’s language.
- Open the Settings app on your device
- Tap General
- Tap Language and Region
- Tap iPhone/iPad Language
- Tap on your desired language. You’ll see a checkmark appear to the right of the language name.
- Tap Done
- Tap Continue
- Your device will display a “Setting Language” message and return you to the Settings app when this is completed.
Can Pocket translate articles for me?
While Pocket allows you to save and view articles written in any language, it sadly doesn’t support article translations.