Saving to Pocket from Slack
February 2021 update: The Pocket app for Slack is no longer available. Not to worry, you can still save to Pocket from Slack — when you see a link you want to save, just open it in your web browser and save it to Pocket with one click using our browser extension.
Saving links when using Slack on your computer
Saving to Pocket from Slack on your computer is easy. Here's how to save:
- Click the link to open it in a web browser
- Click the Pocket extension in your browser to save. If you haven't installed a Pocket save extension in your browser, click here to do so.
Saving links when using Slack for iOS and Android
Saving links to Pocket from Slack is easy on mobile as well! Here's how to save on both iOS and Android:
Saving links to Pocket on iOS
When using Slack on your iPhone or iPad you can save to Pocket using the Pocket Share Extension. Here’s how:
- Press your finger on the link you want to save for a couple of seconds
- The iOS share menu will appear - tap the Pocket share extension to save the link. Click here to learn more about using the Pocket Share Extension on iOS
Saving links to Pocket on Android
When using Slack on your Android device, you can save to Pocket by copying links to your clipboard. Here’s how:
- Open Slack, and find a link that you want to save
- Press your finger on the link, and wait until you see a message that the URL has been copied to the clipboard
- Open Pocket. The app will detect you have copied a link and offer to save it. Click here to learn more about saving copied links
Disconnecting your Pocket account from Slack
If you’d like to disconnect your Pocket account from your Slack Workspace, simply visit the Connected Services and Applications page, find Slack, and click the Remove Access link.