Hiding Pocket in Your Firefox New Tab
Note: This article explains how to hide Pocket on your Firefox New Tab page. If you’re looking how to disable the Save to Pocket functionality in Firefox, click here.
Pocket is a Mozilla product, just like Firefox. Pocket makes it easy to discover high quality content that’s worthy of your attention, and to save content so you can return to it when you have the time.
We’ve created a partnership so that Firefox users can enjoy Recommended Stories from Pocket whenever they open a new tab. Recommended Stories feature the best content on the web, curated by Pocket’s 30+ million users.
Pocket and Mozilla both share a passion for protecting the openness of the web and creating a content platform built around trust and privacy. Click here to learn more more about how Pocket recommends content and protects your data.
If you would rather not see Recommended Stories from Pocket in Firefox on your computer or mobile device, that's ok! It's easy to hide them.
Note: Pocket Recommendations on the Firefox new tab are currently available in the U.S., Canada, and Germany.
Hide Pocket Recommendations on your computer
Refer to the instructions for your version of Firefox, either version(s) 89 and later, or 88 and earlier.
Firefox 89 and later
If you're using Firefox 89 and later, here’s how to open the settings menu and hide Pocket recommendations in your Firefox new tab on your computer:
- Click the the gear icon in the upper right-hand area of the new tab page.
- In the menu that appears, click the switch to remove Recommended by Pocket.(Optional: If you’re enjoying these recommendations and simply do not want to see Sponsored Stories, just uncheck the box for this specific setting.
- Click Done to finish.
Firefox 88 and earlier
For Firefox 88 and earlier, here is how to remove Recommended by Pocket:
- Open a new tab in Firefox
- Click the gear icon at the top right corner of your New Tab page
- Under the Firefox Home Content section, uncheck Recommended by Pocket
- (Optional: If you’re enjoying these recommendations and simply do not want to see Sponsored Stories, just uncheck the box for this specific setting.)
Firefox for Android
- Open Firefox for Android
- Tap the overflow menu at the top right corner, and then tap Settings
- Tap General
- Tap Home
- Tap Top Sites
- Turn off Recommended by Pocket
Firefox for iOS (iPhone and iPad)
- Open Firefox for iOS
- On iPhone, open the menu in the toolbar at the bottom right corner, and tap Settings. On iPad, tap the same menu button, located to the right of the address bar, then tap Settings.
- Tap Home
- Turn off Trending On Pocket