Adjusting Your Cookie Settings for Pocket
Pocket has a new address on the web (app.getpocket.com) but when logging in, you’ll still use our main website (getpocket.com). Therefore, when logging in to Pocket, you’ll be using “third party cookies”.
If you’re blocking third-party cookies in your browser, you might see an error when logging in to Pocket. Don’t worry - it's easy to update your settings to allow third-party cookies for Pocket so you can get back to your saves.
Below are instructions to adjust your settings in Firefox and Chrome. If you use a different browser, you can find links to their help articles below to help get you started.
- Visit https://app.getpocket.com
- Click the shield button in the address bar, to the left of the URL. A dropdown menu will appear.
- In the dropdown menu, the toggle switch to turn Enhanced Tracking Protection off
- Refresh the page, and try again
- On your computer, open Chrome
- At the top right, click the menu button and then click Settings
- In the side menu, click Advanced
- Select Cookies and Other Site Data
- Type in https://app.getpocket.com/
- Click Add
- Return to Pocket, refresh the page, and try again
- Safari: Manage cookies and website data in Safari on Mac ›
- Microsoft Edge: Microsoft Edge, browsing data, and privacy ›
- Brave: How do I use Shields while browsing? ›
Can we help?
If you find that you’re still having trouble logging into Pocket, we’re happy to help. Just click here to contact Pocket Support and we’ll get back to you soon.