Getting Started with Pocket on your iPhone
This “Getting Started” article serves as a hub for information about Pocket for iPhone. It provides a basic introduction and also contains links to other useful Help pages.
Installing Pocket on your iPhone
Pocket is a free app and is easy to install. Just visit the App Store and search for Pocket. You can also follow this link to take you to Pocket’s App Store page.
Signing Up for Pocket on iPhone
If you’ve never used Pocket before, you’ll need to create an account. Open the app, then tap Sign up with Email. You can also click the Sign Up with Google button if you’d like to use your Google credentials to create your Pocket account. Click here to learn more about using Google Sign On.
Logging in to Pocket for iPhone
Once you have a Pocket account, just enter your email address and password to log in. Or, if you signed up with Google, simply click the “Sign In with Google” button.
If you are having trouble logging into Pocket, here’s what you can do:
Getting Oriented with Pocket for iPhone
Working with Items in your List
Tap any item in your List to open it, or swipe across any item to show the item Actions. They make it easy to Tag, Archive, Favorite, Delete, and Share any item.
What’s in the Menu?
When you open up Pocket for iPhone, your List of saved items is displayed. The Pocket menu allows you to navigate other areas of Pocket. Tap the menu button at top left to reveal the menu.
- My List - When you save an item to Pocket, it will appear in your List. The List is sorted from newest to oldest by default, but you can reverse the order in Settings.
- Archive - The Archive is a great place to keep items that you may want to revisit in the future. You can view your Archive when you’re online.
- Favorites - You can mark any important item as a Favorite. The favorites list includes items from both your List and Archive. You can view your Favorites when you’re online.
- Shared to Me - This section lists items that have been shared with you using Pocket’s Send to Friend feature.
- Content Filters - There are three ways to filter your List: Articles, Videos, and Images. Each will show that particular type of content and hide the rest.
- Tags - Tags make a great way to organize items in Pocket. Selecting a tag from the Tags menu will filter your List to only show items with that particular tag.