Pocket Premium FAQ
This article includes popular questions and answers about Pocket Premium. If you have already upgraded and have questions related to your subscription, please click here.
- What is Pocket Premium?
- How much does Pocket Premium cost?
- What features are available with a Pocket Premium subscription?
- If I do not want to upgrade to Pocket Premium, will any features be taken away?
- What is the difference between Permanent Library and how Pocket currently saves items?
- I use Pocket on multiple devices. Do I need to purchase multiple subscriptions?
- Is Pocket Premium available internationally?
- When I upgrade to Pocket Premium, can I start using the new features right away?
- How do I cancel my Pocket Premium subscription?
- When may I cancel my Pocket Premium Subscription?
- What happens if I cancel my Pocket Premium Subscription?
- If I cancel Pocket Premium, will I receive a refund?
- If I have trouble canceling my Pocket Premium subscription or have other questions, what do I do?
What is Pocket Premium?
Pocket Premium is an optional subscription service that builds upon your existing Pocket account, adding powerful features to help you do more with Pocket.
Monthly and Yearly subscription options are available, and they renew automatically at the beginning of each subscription period. If you do not wish to renew your subscription, you may cancel it at any time.
Your Pocket Premium subscription is governed by our terms of service.
How much does Pocket Premium cost?
There are Monthly and Annual subscription options for Pocket Premium, and the price depends on your location. To view the subscription price, visit the Premium Upgrade page.
Annual subscriptions will be charged once each year on the anniversary of your signup date. Monthly subscriptions will be charged once each month on the day you signed up.
What features are available with a Pocket Premium subscription?
Permanent Library stores copies of the articles and webpages you save. You can access these copies at any time, even if they are changed or deleted from the Web.
When you save an article or webpage to Pocket, a copy of that page is automatically stored in your Permanent Library. This copy includes both Web View and Article View (if available).
Full-Text Search is Pocket’s fast and powerful search that lets you find content any way you like across your entire Pocket account. You can search by full text, topics, tags, authors, and more, making it easy to quickly find anything in your list.
Additional features include:
- Recent Searches, so you can quickly return to a previous search
- Search for a single Tag, or multiple Tags at once
- Advanced search operators to help you craft and refine your search
- Search All Items (both My List and Archive) simultaneously
With Suggested Tags, you no longer need to type, remember, or search for tags you’ve already used. When tagging an item, a list of suggested tags are shown and can be added with a single tap or click.
The list of suggested tags is inspired by the content and subject matter of the item you’re tagging, as well as the Tags you’ve already used. The more you use tags, the smarter and more personalized the suggestions will become.
Customize Your Reading Experience
Users on iOS can fully customize their reading experience with adjustable text layout options, 7 additional premium font options, and automatic switching between light and dark themes.
Sponsored content helps us continue to provide a free version of Pocket. After upgrading to Pocket Premium, you won’t see any sponsored posts in Pocket or Pocket Hits newsletters, and you’ll be supporting Pocket more directly!
If I do not want to upgrade to Pocket Premium, will any features be taken away?
While a Premium version of Pocket is now available, this does not change any aspects of the standard, free versions of Pocket. Free users will still be able to take advantage of the same great features, and future versions of Pocket that we develop will include new features that are available to both Free and Premium accounts.
What is the difference between Permanent Library and how Pocket currently saves items?
For Pocket Premium subscribers, whenever you save an item, a personal copy of this item’s content will be saved for you in your Permanent Library, in both the Article View and Web View formats. You will be able to view these copies even if the original page changes on or is removed from the web.
For free users, Pocket stores the links to saved items (not their actual content) on our servers. Pocket’s mobile apps will download any item’s content that’s saved in “My List” for offline viewing, but if you Archive an item, the copy will be removed from your device.
I use Pocket on multiple devices. Do I need to purchase multiple subscriptions?
Your Pocket Premium subscription is connected to your Pocket account, so your subscription will be linked to your account wherever you log in.
Is Pocket Premium available internationally?
Yes! Pocket Premium is officially supported in the following languages:
When I upgrade to Pocket Premium, can I start using the new features right away?
After upgrading, we will begin to process your account for the new Premium features. This may take some time to complete, but we will send you an email when they’re ready.
How do I cancel my Pocket Premium Subscription?
The process for canceling your Pocket Premium subscription differs depending on where you purchased it. For detailed instructions, please click below.
When may I cancel my Pocket Premium Subscription?
You may cancel your Pocket Premium Subscription at any time.
What happens if I cancel my Pocket Premium Subscription?
If you cancel your subscription, your Pocket account will be converted to a fully-functional, free account. However, you will no longer have access to Permanent Library, Full-Text Search, Suggested Tags, Custom Reading Settings on iOS. You also may begin to see sponsored posts.
The data from your search index and Permanent Library will be kept on Pocket’s servers for 30 days.
If I cancel Pocket Premium, will I receive a refund?
If you are not completely satisfied with Pocket Premium, it may be possible to receive a refund depending on where the purchase was made.
- If you purchased Pocket Premium through Apple's App Store, Google Play, or another app market, it will unfortunately not be possible to receive a refund.
- If you purchased Pocket Premium from the Pocket website, it may be possible to receive a pro-rated refund for the unused portion of your subscription period (as explained in our terms of service). If you would like a refund for your purchase, please click here and let us know.
If I have trouble canceling my Pocket Premium subscription or have other questions, what do I do?
Sending an email to Pocket Support is the best way to cancel your Pocket Premium subscription and ask questions about our service.
If you would rather contact us by phone, you can leave a message by calling (415) 692-6111.
You can also write us at this address:
Read It Later Inc.
233 Sansome St. Suite 1200
San Francisco, CA 94104