Using the Save to Pocket Extension for Google Chrome
Some users are reporting that Save to Pocket is not activating when the Pocket button is clicked. Click here for possible solutions to this issue.
Installing the Pocket Chrome Extension
To download the Save to Pocket extension for Google Chrome, click here
Adding Pocket to your Chrome Toolbar
When you install Save to Pocket, you'll need to pin the save button so it'll be accessible to the right of your address bar. Here's how to pin the Pocket button:
- Click the Extensions button (it looks like a puzzle piece)
- Look for Save to Pocket and click the pin button
You'll now see the Pocket button to the right of your address bar.
Saving to Pocket
You can save to Pocket in a few different ways:
- Clicking on the extension icon
- Clicking Save to Pocket in the context menu
- Using a keyboard shortcut
When you're viewing a page that you'd like to save to Pocket, just click the Pocket toolbar button. Or, if you prefer using keyboard shortcuts, you can visit the Options menu to create a custom shortcut. You'll be notified that the page has been saved, and from here, you can add Tags, Undo Save, view your List, and access the Extension’s settings.
In addition to saving links that you currently have open in your browser, it's also possible to save a link that you see on a web page without opening it first. You can save links within a web page by right-clicking on them and selecting Save to Pocket:
The Pocket save confirmation appears after you successfully save an item to your List, as seen below:
After saving you can take various actions on the item that was just saved:
To add Tags, type tag names into the text box and press Enter. Your tag will be saved automatically. You can also keep typing to add additional tags. Hit Enter again to dismiss the popup.
Suggested Tags with Pocket Premium
If you subscribe to Pocket Premium, you will see a list of suggested tags when adding them to a save. These tags are suggested automatically based on Tags you've added to your account. Learn More about suggested tags in Pocket Premium
Customizing your Experience
You can customize the Pocket for Chrome extension to suit your needs, including changing the keyboard shortcut, changing the extension theme color and more by visiting the Options page. Here are three ways to access it:
- Right-click on the Pocket icon and select Options
- After saving, hover your mouse over the Menu button (•••) then click Settings
- Open your Extensions list, find the Save to Pocket extension, and click the Options link
Here's how to set or change your keyboard shortcut:
- Right-click on the Pocket toolbar button, and then select Options
- Click Record a new shortcut. A new tab will open with a list of available shortcuts
- Locate Save to Pocket, then create your shortcut in the corresponding text box.
You can also open the Options page to log out of the extension, change the theme, install our mobile apps or contact Pocket Support.
I use a Chromium-based browser. Can I install Save to Pocket to save articles to my list?
Yes! Chromium browsers (such as Brave, Opera and Vivaldi) can run Chrome extensions, so Save to Pocket and most other Chrome extensions should be compatible.