Getting Started with Pocket for Android Beta
This page is for Pocket users who are interested in helping test early versions of Pocket for Android. Please note that the beta is not for everyone - it won’t have the same level of polish you’ve come to expect from Pocket, and may be unstable or include incomplete features. In addition, you will hear from us periodically with requests for feedback.
If you need a reliable Pocket experience, we recommend sticking with the official version that’s available on Google Play.
Continue reading to learn how to install Pocket for Android Beta, how to send us feedback, and what to do if you’d like to switch back to the official version.
How to Install Pocket for Android Beta
- Click the Become a Tester button on the beta opt-in page
- Open Google Play on your Android device. There will be an update available which will install the beta version.
If you’re having trouble installing Pocket on your device, here are some helpful tips:
- If you don’t see an update to Pocket in Google Play, please wait a few minutes. It may take some time for it to appear.
- Pocket Beta will replace the Pocket app that’s already installed on your device. If you have the beta version installed, you’ll see a “beta” badge on the app icon.
How to send us feedback about Pocket for Android Beta
To send us feedback, please follow the link bellow:
Pocket Beta Feedback Submission Form
How to Leave Pocket for Android Beta
If you would prefer not to use Pocket for Android Beta, here’s how to switch back to the official version:
- Visit the Pocket for Android Beta opt-in page
- Click Leave the Program
- Uninstall the beta version of Pocket on your device
- Reinstall Pocket from Google Play