Getting Started with Pocket for iOS Beta
This page is for Pocket users who are interested in helping test early versions of Pocket for iOS. Please note that the beta is not for everyone - it won’t have the same level of polish you’ve come to expect from Pocket, and may be unstable or include incomplete features. In addition, you will hear from us periodically with requests for feedback.
If you need a reliable Pocket experience, we recommend sticking with the official version that’s available in the App Store.
Continue reading to learn how to install Pocket for iOS Beta, how to send us feedback, and what to do if you’d like to switch back to the official version.
Installing Pocket for iOS Beta
We use TestFlight in order to manage our beta builds. Here’s how to install the beta:
- Install the free TestFlight app from the App Store
- Visit the Pocket for iOS Beta signup page, fill in your name and email address, and click Get Beta Access
- Check your email on your iPhone or iPad and look for an email from TestFlight with the subject: Read It Later, Inc has invited you to test "Pocket: Save Stories for Later"
- Tap the blue View in TestFlight button in the email to open TestFlight
- Tap Accept to download Pocket. If you already have Pocket installed, this beta version will replace the App Store version
- (Optional) To install Pocket Beta on additional iOS devices, simply download TestFlight and log in using your Apple ID. Pocket will listed here and available for download. You do not need to re-use the original TestFlight invite email.
Not sure which version you have installed? Pocket for iOS Beta from TestFlight will have an orange dot in front of the app name.
How to send feedback and report issues
There are several ways you can send us feedback:
- Send us an email
- Tap Email Us in the app (Profile > Settings > Help)
- Open the TestFlight app, select Pocket, and tap Send Beta Feedback
In your report, please be sure to include the following:
- Device and version information
- Steps to Reproduce
- Screenshots and screen recordings that demonstrate the issue
Customizing your notifications
When Pocket releases a new beta version, you may be notified via email and/or push notification on your iOS device.
You can control these notifications in TestFlight:
- Open TestFlight on your iPhone or iPad
- Select Pocket
- Tap Notifications
How to stop testing Pocket for iOS Beta
If you would like to stop testing Pocket for iOS Beta and switch back to the App Store version, here’s how:
- Open TestFlight, select Pocket, and tap Stop Testing
- Open the App Store app, search for Pocket, and tap the install button.