Reading in Pocket on your Computer
This article explains how to read articles in Pocket in your browser, and how to adjust your viewing preferences. To view your saved items in Pocket on your computer, visit Pocket for Web.
Viewing an Item
When you open an item in your list, articles will be displayed in Article View. This distraction-free, easy to read format is designed to deliver the best reading experience in Pocket. When viewing other items, they will open in a separate tab in their original form.
Use the item action buttons in the toolbar to perform the following:
You can customize Article View to create your ideal reading experience. To make changes, click the Display Settings button in the top toolbar. Here, you can control font style, text size, and reading theme. Click here to learn more about customizing you reading settings.
Sharing an Item
Click the Share button in the toolbar to view your sharing options.
- Copy Link - Allows you easily copy the item’s original URL to paste elsewhere.
- Recommend - When you recommend items on Pocket, they’ll appear in your profile and in your followers’ Recommended feeds.
- Send to Friend - Send to Friend makes it easy to share items with others without leaving the Pocket website. Learn more about Send to Friend.
- Permanent Copy - If you subscribe to Pocket Premium, you can view your permanent copy of this item. Learn more about Permanent Library.
- View Original - View the original page in a new tab
- Share to social sites like Twitter, Facebook, Buffer, LinkedIn, Tumblr and Reddit. Learn more about Recommending items on Pocket.