Viewing and Editing Your Pocket Profile
Tell me about my profile
When you recommend items on Pocket, they will appear on your profile. Think of it as your public, curated list of content that you’re recommending. Your friends and other people on Pocket can visit your profile to check out what you’ve been recommending, and they can easily start following your recommendations if they’re feeling inspired.
While your profile is public, it’s important to note that your saves to Pocket are (and always will remain) private. Only items you recommend will appear publicly in your profile and in your followers’ Discover feed.
What information is included in my profile?
Your profile can include:
- a name, a short bio, and a profile picture/avatar
- the list of items you have recommended on Pocket
- the number of followers you have, and the number of people you’re following
Your profile does not include:
- Items in your List, Archive, Favorites, and Tags. These will remain private only to you.
- Your email address
Where can I view and edit my profile?
To view and edit your profile in Pocket for iPhone and iPad:
- To view your profile, tap the Profile button in the bottom toolbar to view your profile.
- To edit your profile, tap the gear icon at the top, and then tap Edit Profile.
To view and edit your profile in Pocket for Android:
- To view your profile, tap the Profile button in the top toolbar to view your profile.
- To edit your profile, tap the pencil icon at the top.
To view and edit your profile in Pocket for Web (in your browser):
- To view your profile, click on your name in the top toolbar, and then select click View Profile.
- To edit your profile, click the Edit button at the top right corner. (Note: if you’d like to set a username or change your profile picture, you’ll have to use Pocket for iOS or Android.)
How can I share my profile with others?
When you’re viewing your profile, you’ll find a share button at the top of your screen that you can use to share your profile link with your friends and on social media.
Each profile has a URL that’s easy to remember. Just replace the word “username” with your Pocket username in this URL: http://getpocket.com/@username. If you don’t have a username, you can choose one by editing your profile on iOS or Android (just follow the steps above).
Can I make my profile private?
We don’t currently support private profiles. However, you do have complete control over what’s shown on your profile. If you prefer to have an empty profile and not recommend any items, that’s ok by us!