Where is the Pocket Button in Firefox?
Pocket is built-in to Firefox, making it easier than ever to save pages and access your List.
In Firefox 89 and later, Pocket is in the toolbar, to the right of the address bar. In Firefox 88 and earlier, Pocket is located in the address bar.
If you're having trouble finding this button, continue reading for some tips to bring it back.
Customize Your Browser
If you still don’t see the Pocket button, it might have been removed from view by mistake.
Here's how to customize your toolbar to bring Pocket back:
- Click on the Menu button (with three dashes) that's located on the right side of your Address Bar
- Click More Tools
- Select Customize Toolbar
- Look for Save to Pocket and drag it upwards into your preferred place.
Did you install software that disables Pocket?
We're aware of some software that's available which changes Firefox’s functionality, and this could inadvertently disable Pocket. If you’ve used software to change or tweak Firefox, such as CCleaner which can be used to disable Firefox Hello, this will likely have removed Pocket as well. We recommend reverting this change to re-enable Pocket.
Is Pocket disabled in about:config?
It’s possible for Pocket to be disabled in your Firefox configuration. Here’s how to check if that's the case and turn it back on:
- Type about:config in the location bar
- You’ll see a message that says “Proceed with caution” — This is because the about:config page allows you to change advanced browser settings. When visiting this page, please make sure you’re ready to follow our instructions carefully, and then click “accept the risk and continue”
- In the Search box at the top, type pocket.enabled. This will present you with some information about Pocket
- Is the “value” column set to "false"? If so, simply double click on this row to set it to “true”.
- The Pocket button will now appear in your toolbar, to the right of the address bar.
Are you using an incompatible theme?
It’s possible that some custom Firefox themes can cause the Pocket button to not appear. Please try disabling any custom themes in Firefox to see if this helps bring Pocket to your toolbar. Click here to learn more about managing themes in Firefox.
Are you using the old Pocket Extension for Firefox?
If you have the old Pocket extension installed, the Pocket integration in Firefox will be disabled by default. We recommend transitioning from the old extension so you can get the most up-to-date, reliable, and consistent Pocket experience.
Click here to learn more about what’s changed with this new integration, and for instructions for how to switch.
Every time I try to save to my list, I'm being asked to log in. How can I fix this?
Pocket may have trouble keeping you logged in if you use increased privacy settings. Click here to resolve this issue.