Where is the Pocket Button in Firefox?
Pocket is built-in to Firefox, making it easier than ever to save pages and access your List. You can find the Pocket button in the Firefox Address Bar.
If you're having trouble finding this button, continue reading for some tips to bring it back.
Upgrade to the latest version of Firefox and check your Address Bar
Please check to make sure that you are using the current version of Firefox. If you're on the latest version, Pocket will automatically appear on the right side of your Address Bar when you're viewing a web site. Click here to learn how to update to the most recent version of Firefox.
Previous versions of Firefox (versions 56 and earlier) included Pocket in the toolbar. Starting with Firefox Quantum, Pocket is located in the Address Bar instead. Please see the image above if you're not sure where to look.
Customize Your Address Bar
If you still don’t see the Pocket button, it might have been removed from your Address Bar by mistake.
Here's how to customize your Address Bar to bring Pocket back:
- Click on the ●●● button that's located on the right side of your Address Bar
- Find Save Page to Pocket and do a right-click
- Select Add to Address Bar
Did you install software that disables Pocket?
We're aware of some software that's available which changes Firefox’s functionality, and this could inadvertently disable Pocket. If you’ve used software to change or tweak Firefox, such as CCleaner which can be used to disable Firefox Hello, this will likely have removed Pocket as well. We recommend reverting this change to re-enable Pocket.
Is Pocket disabled in about:config?
It’s possible for Pocket to be disabled in your Firefox configuration. Here’s how to check if that's the case and turn it back on:
- Type about:config in the location bar
- You’ll see a message that says “This might void your warranty!” This is because the about:config page allows you to change advanced browser settings. When visiting this page, please make sure you’re ready to follow our instructions carefully, and then click “I accept the risk!”
- In the Search box at the top, type pocket.enabled. This will present you with some information about Pocket
- Is the “value” column set to "false"? If so, simply double click on this row to set it to “true”.
- The Pocket button will now appear in your Address Bar.
Are you using an incompatible theme?
It’s possible that some custom Firefox themes can cause the Pocket button to not appear. Please try disabling any custom themes in Firefox to see if this helps bring Pocket to your toolbar. Click here to learn more about managing themes in Firefox.
Are you using the old Pocket Extension for Firefox?
If you have the old Pocket extension installed, the Pocket integration in Firefox will be disabled by default. We recommend transitioning from the old extension so you can get the most up-to-date, reliable, and consistent Pocket experience.
Every time I try to save to my list, I'm being asked to login. How can I fix this?
Pocket may have trouble keeping you logged in if you use increased privacy settings. Click here to resolve this issue.