Where is the Pocket Button in Firefox?
New versions of Firefox (38.0.5 and above) have Pocket built-in, making it as easy as ever to save pages and access your list. If you can’t find the Pocket button in Firefox, some helpful tips to bring it back are included below.
Upgrade to the latest version of Firefox
Please ensure that you are using the most up-to-date version of Firefox (38.0.5 or later). Once you update, Pocket will likely automatically appear in the toolbar. Click here to learn how to update to the most recent version of Firefox.
Customize Your Toolbar
If you still don’t see the Pocket button, it might have been moved into the Firefox menu, or it may have been disabled by mistake. Click here to learn how to find the Pocket button and add it to your Firefox toolbar.
If Pocket is shown in the Firefox Menu or under “Additional Tools and Features”, you can simply drag it back into the toolbar. Here's a quick demonstration:
Some software changes Firefox’s functionality. If you’ve used such software, such as CCleaner to disable Firefox Hello, this will likely have removed Pocket as well. We recommend reverting and re-enabling Firefox Hello.
Check if Pocket has been disabled in about:config
It’s possible for Pocket to be disabled in your Firefox configuration. Here’s how to check and turn it back on:
- Type “about:config” in the location bar
- You’ll see a message that says “This might void your warranty”. This is because there are a number of settings past this screen. Make sure you’re ready to follow these instructions carefully, and then click “I accept the risk!”
- In the Search box at the top, type Pocket
- In the left column, look for “extensions.pocket.enabled”. Then look to the right and see what it says in the “value” column.
- Is it set to false? Simply double click on this row to set it to “true”.
- The Pocket button will now appear in your toolbar.
It’s possible that some custom Firefox themes can cause the Pocket button to not appear. Please try disabling any custom themes in Firefox to see if this helps bring Pocket to your toolbar. Click here to learn more about managing themes in Firefox.
If you’re using the old Pocket Extension for Firefox
If you have the old Pocket extension installed, the Pocket integration in Firefox will be disabled by default. We recommend transitioning from the old extension so you can get the most up-to-date, reliable, and consistent Pocket experience.
Every time I try to save to my list, I'm being asked to login. How can I fix this?
Pocket may have trouble keeping you logged in if you use increased privacy settings. Click here to resolve this issue.