Saving to Pocket from Opera Mini
It's possible to save to Pocket from Opera Mini on iOS. The steps outlined below allow you to create a bookmarklet inside Opera Mini, which will then allow you to save to Pocket in just a couple taps.
Installing the Bookmarklet
- Tap the Pocket menu, and tap Help
- Tap How to Save
- Find the "From Mobile Safari" section, and tap Install (Note: tapping Install opens Safari and copies a code snippet to your clipboard. This will be utilized in step 9.)
- Open Opera Mini, and go to any website (such as http://google.com)
- Tap the Star button in the URL bar, and tap "Bookmark this page"
- Tap the "O" button at the bottom, and then tap Bookmarks
- Tap the "Manage" button, and tap the bookmark you created
- Change the title to "Save to Pocket"
- Delete the URL in the Address filed, tap in the empty space, and tap the Paste popup so the code that was copied in step 3 is inserted
- Tap Save
Using the Bookmark
- Go to a page that you'd like to save to Pocket
- Open your bookmarks list by tapping the "O" button at the bottom, and tap Bookmarks
- Tap "Save to Pocket"
Note: The first time you use the bookmarklet, you will be asked to log into Pocket. Your account will be remembered for all future saves.