I'm having trouble logging into Pocket. Can you help?
We’re sorry that you are having trouble logging into Pocket! Here are some solutions to common issues that could prevent you from logging into your Pocket account.
I forgot my password
If you’ve forgotten your password, you can reset it by visiting our password reset page and following these steps:
- Visit the Forgot your username or password? page
- Type your Pocket username or email address in the appropriate text box, and click Submit
- Check your email. You will receive a message from Pocket with a link to reset your password. Click this link, or copy and paste it into your browser.
- Enter a new password, then type it again to make sure there were no mistakes. When you click Change Password, the new password will saved, and you will be logged into your account.
I never set a Pocket password. How can I create one?
If you signed up for Pocket with your Google or Firefox Account, it's possible that you have not set a Pocket-specific password.
You must set a password in order to log into Pocket with a username or email address and to log into any applications that do not have Log in with Google or Log in with Firefox buttons.
To set a Pocket password, just follow the instructions above to reset your password, or click here: I never set a Pocket password. How can I create one?
I do not have an email address associated with my Pocket account
If you used Pocket in the past, you may find that your account does not have an email address associated with it. We encourage you to attach your email address so you can reset your password if you forget it. Click here to add a primary email address to your account.
If you cannot sign in to your account and suspect that you don’t have an email address attached, we may be able to help. Please click here for instructions: How Can I Recover A Lost Pocket Account
I see an error code “5107”. What should I do?
If you’re seeing an error code “5107” when you try to log into Pocket, this suggests that we’re having trouble validating the form. This can happen when the page is “stale”, or when there’s an invalid cookie saved. Please try the following solutions to resolve this error:
- Refresh your web browser window and try to log in again.
- Clear your browser cookies and try again. Click here for a helpful blog post that describes how to clear cookies in popular browsers.
- Check your device or computer’s date and time settings to make sure they’re accurate.
If you continue to see this error code, it's possible that another extension that's installed in your browser is interfering with Pocket's login process. The Pocket Support team is happy to help - just send us an email with your browser info and a list of your browser’s extensions, and we can help narrow down the cause of the error.
Click here to contact Pocket Support