Canceling your Pocket Premium Subscription
Cancelling Your Pocket Premium Subscription
The procedure for cancelling your Pocket Premium Subscription depends on where you purchased it.
If you made your purchase on the Pocket website
Please click here to contact Pocket Support. Be sure to include your Pocket email address and your order number so we may find it. We'd also be grateful if you could take a moment to explain why you'd like to cancel your Subscription.
We will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you made your purchase in Pocket on iOS
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad
- Tap iTunes & App Store
- Tap on your Apple ID at the top
- Choose View Apple ID from the popup menu
- Enter your password when prompted, then tap OK
- Tap Manage under Subscriptions, then tap Pocket
- Turn the Auto-Renewal option to Off. Your subscription will no longer be automatically renewed.
If you made your purchase in Pocket on Android
- Open the Google Play Store app
- Search for Pocket, then tap Pocket in the search results
- You will see your subscription listed on the app details page. Tap Cancel
- You will see a confirmation message. Tap Yes. Your subscription will no longer be automatically renewed.
What happens to my data if I cancel my subscription?
If you choose to cancel your subscription, your Pocket account will be converted to a fully functional Free account. However, you will no longer have access to Permanent Library, Full-Text Search, or Suggested Tags.
The data from your search index and Permanent Library will be kept on Pocket's servers for 30 days.
Can I get a refund for my Pocket Premium purchase?
If you are not completely satisfied with Pocket Premium, it may be possible to receive a refund depending on where the purchase was made.
- If you purchased Pocket Premium through Apple's App Store, Google Play, or another app market, it will unfortunately not be possible to receive a refund.
- If you purchased Pocket Premium from the Pocket website, it may be possible to receive a pro-rated refund for the unused portion of your subscription period. To inquire about a refund, please click here to let us know the reason.