Searching in Pocket for Android
To search in Pocket, look for the search option at the top of your List and Archive.
Type in your search in the search bar, or choose a reading time length if you're looking for items in your list that meet a specific reading length. This is a great way to filter by your longer reads that you've been saving up, or find something shorter to read when you're short on time.
Working with your Search Results
- Tap the filter button next to the search bar to switch your sort order: newest first, oldest first, shortest to read or longest to read
- You can toggle between viewing your search results in your List and in your Archive
Full-Text Search with Pocket Premium
Pocket Premium offers access to several powerful search features, including:
- Search the entire article text by keyword, tag, topic, and author
- Search across your List and Archive at the same time
- Sort results by relevance
- See recent searches
Ways to sort your List and Archive
Tap the sort options button to the right of the search bar and you'll see the following options to sort your List and Archive: newest saved, oldest saved, shortest to read, and longest to read. Use these options to reshuffle your saved items and rediscover what you've been adding to your Pocket.
Why can’t I find what I’m looking for when I search?
Search results for free accounts are limited to article Titles and URLs. If you prefer to have more comprehensive search, consider upgrading to Pocket Premium to access Full-Text Search and many more powerful features to maximize your Pocket experience.