Saving to Pocket on iPhone
This article explains how to get your iPhone set up so you can start saving to Pocket. Setting up your iPhone only takes a minute, and in most cases, you will be able to save to Pocket in just a couple taps.
Using the Share Extension in iOS 8
If you are on an iPhone running iOS 8 (click here to check), you can enable the Pocket share extension to save easily from Mobile Safari and other apps. Here’s how:
- Open Mobile Safari and tap the Share button
- Swipe the colored icons in the top row, and tap More, which can be found all the way to the right
- Enable the switch for Pocket so it turns green, then tap Done
There, you’re all set! Now, whenever you see something you want to save, you can simply tap Share, then tap the Pocket icon.
If your iPhone is on iOS 7 or below
If you’re using iOS 7 or below, you can use the Pocket bookmarklet to save from Mobile Safari. Click here to learn more about the Pocket bookmarklet, or continue reading to learn about other ways to save.
Other Ways to Save to Pocket on iPhone
Here are some other ways you can save to Pocket:
- You can email any link to firstname.lastname@example.org using your device’s email app. Click here to learn more about saving to Pocket via email.
- You can copy the link to your Clipboard, then open Pocket to add it to your List. Click here to learn more about saving via the iOS clipboard.
Did you find this article helpful?